Monday 1 December 2014

Introduction To Flash

Flash can be used to make very simple or extremely detailed and complex animations and moving images. It uses different frames to create and image of something moving when we press play.

The typical FPS (frame per second) used in film is 24, we are not sure why this is, it's just the FPS that works best for the audience. However for the short and simple animation I created in Flash for my introduction, I decided to half this to 12 FPS so you can see the progress I made.


Firstly I set up my keyframe. The units of measurements used for this should always be pixels, so I made my key frame 600x400 pixels, however I can change this as I go along if I feel it needs altering. When creating the key frame I also decided to make the stage colour (background) blue, instead of using white, as the colour makes it look more exciting. 


In my first frame I used the oval tool to create my first image, which is the centre of a flower that I will begin to build up in the next frames. I filled the oval with yellow and then I copied it so that it would stay the same for each frame.


To create the next frame I clicked insert>timeline>key frame so that the centre of the flower would appear in the same place as the frame before. I used the pencil tool to draw a petal for my flower, I used the smooth pencil mode s that the petal would look smooth and neat. I then copied the petal so that it would be the same on the rest of the layers.

Each time I created a new layer I did it the same way as I did the first time by doing insert>timeline>key frame so that my frame looked that same as previous, and then I pasted the petal and added it to the flower until it was finally complete. It took me 7 frames to complete my flower.


Here is my complete, short and simple animation that I created on my first time using Flash.





No comments:

Post a Comment