Thursday 18 December 2014

Multipage Doc Questionnaire Results

Using Survey Monkey I created a questionnaire to find out what young peoples opinions on multipage documents are in order for me to take on information about how I can design my political multipage document to interest young people.


21.3% of the 14 people I gave the survey to are old enough to vote. The other 78.7% are not yet eligible to vote but are all eligible to vote. Therefore I still find their opinions on what they want to see in a multipage document helpful as in a short amount of time they will have the chance to vote, and young people should be encouraged to vote and understand voting from as young as possible so they know what to do when the time comes.






57.1% of the people I collected results from were male and the other 42.9% were female. This is a fairly even balance, enough for the results to be unbiased when discovering the most popular magazine in the sample of young people.










No one in the sample of young people read magazines daily, which is a likely result as most magazines are released weekly or monthly. Only 7.1% of the sample reads a magazine weekly and 28.6% read a magazine monthly. The fact that over quarter of the sample I asked read a magazine monthly shows that it's likely they would still be interested in engaging in a multipage document even though there is large amounts of information about anything you want to know online and on the television. Although over half of the people in the sample rarely read magazines, by looking at the results of what interests them about a multipage document, it is possible to create a document that they will be drawn to and engage in the information that the document includes.


I asked the sample what their magazine of choice is in order to choose a magazine to look at as part of a focus group. I was expecting for more than one person to like any specific magazine but my results show that everyone in the sample has a different magazine of choice. However there are similarities with the genres of the magazines. 42.6% of the sample would choose a women's gossip/fashion magazine and two people from the sample prefer music magazines. From these results, for my focus group focusing on the appeal of magazines, I will choose a popular women's magazine and a popular music magazine.


Half of the sample prefer magazines with more images than text and just under half of the sample prefer and equal balance of text and images and only 1 person prefers mostly text. To me this information tells me that my document should have lots of images but enough text to make the point of the images clear and relevant.






Just two more people in the sample prefer vibrant colour over subtle complimentary colour, so in terms of colour on my multipage document I will experiment with different designs, some with brighter colours and some where the colours are more subtle. Choosing the colour scheme may come naturally when choosing the images for the document, I think the colours used should compliment the colours in any photographs or images so nothing clashes.



Just under three quarters of the sample haven't ever seen or read a political document however over a quarter of them have. The people who haven't read one may find them uninteresting or unappealing. If a political multipage document was aimed specifically at young people they may show more interest and engagement.





As a conclusion of my questionnaire results I have decided that I would like to make a magazine aimed at females as my political document. From my results, the most popular magazines are women's magazines therefore I think women would be more likely to pick up and read a magazine. I decided against making a leaflet as people often see them as rubbish and throw them away as soon as they receive them and I decided against an online publication as most teenagers go to the internet go to the internet to escape and have fun so they would rather be on social media or watching video clips whilst online rather than reading information about politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment